Just returned from a 10 day bus tour of the parks of southern Utah with Road Scholar. The focus was on the geology of the formations found in the Colorado Plateau.
* Snow Canyon State Park
* Zion National Park
* Bryce Canyon National Park
* Grand Staircase
* Anasazi State Park
* Capitol Reef National Park
* John Wesley Powell Museum
* Dead Horse Point State Park
* Canyonlands National Park
* Arches National Park
* Edge of the Cedars Museum
* Monument Valley
* Rainbow Bridge National Monument via Lake Powell
* Antelope Canyon (Grand Canyon cancelled due to Federal Government shutdown)
* Valley of Fire State Park (on our own)
We have too many pics to post here, so you can see the pics in a 5 minute video on youtube http://youtu.be/sSFrEeCzooM .
Valley of Fire State Park, NV, northeast of Las Vegas.